Chauna Sumpter Belvin, Artist + Operator
Since June 29, 2010 I have worked as an independent hair stylist. Previously I spent 3.5 years working as a full-time assistant and apprentice, then I was promoted to a full-time hair stylist at a local, boutique salon chain.
What I love is simple and clear:
- Engaging + Treating people with the respect, attention-to-detail and care that they deserve.
- Providing meaningful digital content for my guests.
- Providing excellent hair care, cutting, coloring and bridal hair services.
- Investing in ongoing education.
I graduated from NC State University with a degree in Communications with a concentration in public relations; worked in university public relations, and as an on-air Jazz radio announcer, I wanted more of an artistic outlet, so I went to hair school as an adult.
Almost nine years later I’m still honing my skills. I love modern hair PERIOD. The images printed in lifestyle and beauty magazines are my benchmark.
I frequently take classes with top session artists who create looks photographed in top magazines. The skills that I learn I apply to photo shoots, fashion shows and transfer them from runway to real-way in the studio.
Education is an investment and my love for what’s in makes it easy to travel and do the work necessary to giving current services.
Some of my strong points are:
- Listening to what a guest is saying and hearing what’s not being said.
- Educating clients on hair care and styling.
- Bringing out your inner swagger.
My favorite services are cutting, coloring and styling hair for any occasion.
If there’s something that I cannot do, I will tell you and offer a good referral. There’s enough hair for everyone to succeed.
Continuing Education + SHOOTS
L’Oreal Professionnel Session Styling with Pepper Pastor
Influance Hair Care Color+ Styling
Joe Fresh Fall Kids Campaign – Hair Assistant
Jessica Simpson Fall Tween Campaign – Hair Assistant
Learn more about studio policies when visiting the studio.